Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Spy Just Right Books Freebie Packet

Pin It

.
Click on the picture to download this packet.

Our school theme this year is "Mission Possible".  In keeping with that theme, I decided to use "I SPY" as an acronym to help my students choose books on their independent reading level.  Hopefully, I can help the parents of my students understand why making sure their children choose and read "Just Right Books" is critical to their success in reading.   I want my students practicing this important skill at home and in the classroom.  I created this reading journal page along with the accompanying note to parents.  I've also included anchor charts with questions I want my students asking themselves each time they select a book.  Here are some cute bookmarks with the reminders of what to look for in a "Just Right Book".  







I would love to hear your ideas on introducing and reinforcing "Just Right" book choice!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is great. I have touched on IPICK, but this seems better for my class. I really like the explanation you have for parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great packet, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. Thanks for the Freebie. Unfortunately I already taught IPICK, but am so excited that I can still use a few of the sheets this year and can't wait to teach it the I SPY way next year. Thanks again!

    Jen
    Adventures in Mrs. Martin’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and TPT store! I'm a new follower!

    Kim
    Literacy Sundae

    ReplyDelete